Meadow Flat is a rural locality which lies within both the City of Lithgow and the Bathurst Region, between Wallerawang and Yetholme.
Famous for its beautiful display of golden Poplar trees each Autumn, it is approximately 29 kilometres from Lithgow. Meadow Flat’s first weatherboard Inn was built in 1841. The Meadow Flat Public School was established in 1856 and the Post Office followed in 1857.
In front of the Meadow Flat school is a War Memorial which was unveiled in 1918 by the Meadow Flat Patriotic Committee. This sandstone obelisk was erected in honour of the brave men of the surrounding area who fell during World War 1. It is also one of the sites where the men who joined the 1915 Cooee March rested on their long 515 kilometre recruitment march from Gilgandra to Martin Place in Sydney.